Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ipman

Asus A7V333 is not compatible w/ ATI Radeon All-in-one-wonde

Have anyone have compatibility problem with the Asus A7V333 and ATI Radeon all-in-one wonder video card? my login screen on windows xp freeze everytime it get there. I put the Nvidia Geforce 2 in there and no problem, but when switch over the ATI, the problem appear again.

Any kind of input will greatly appreciated, by the way, this is a brand new setup. reinstalled os 3 times. only video card/512mb of pc-3000 ram/amd 1800+

Via theres your problem.

Probably drivers, You get new ones from ATI, are you using latest 4 in 1 and do you have latest bios?

As I understand it, your mobo has an IEEE 1394 Firewire header. Some ATI 8500 Radeons use the same communications bridge for its transfers making for incompatibility.

Thanks Sapiens74 and Sampson,

I actually just updated my bios to the v.1005 from Asus website. There is two thing that bugged me are:

1. The mobo very much brand new on the market and already need a new bios patch.

2. After more than 10 hours tried to download just the patch from Asus website. It keep tell me that the file isn't available.

Thanks again for the input. happy computing