Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeRunner

Anybody use MS SharePoint Portal Server 2001?

One of my bosses has identifed the need to use this product.

I've got a 120day evaluation copy, I've got a spare server with Win2k SP2 installed on and I'm ready to go.

I've read lots of documentation on this product, but nothing beats actual real-world experience.

If anybody here has been involved with the setup of such a system can they tell me how it went and what, if anything, I need to look out for?

Ta

I went to a technet seminar and saw it in a demo there. Other than that I don't recall anyone actually using it other than the consultants that are trying to sell it. Seems like a good product in theory, but I don't see it catching on. Even MS does not seem to be pushing it as much as I would have expected. My only advice is set up a test lab if you have the resources. Learn it, then demo to mgmt.

-Ry

Thanks.

I must admit documentation on the product is quite difficult to find and considering this is not a cheap product I am suprised by this.

I have a 120day trial version of the software and I've just removed a Dell server from our main AD domain, so as you say, think it's time to creat a sub-domain, install sand start playing.

There was a review of these kind of applications on a web site I found recently.

The MS solution fits around the middle of the list on the price/features area, however on the "Ease of use & setup" it sits very nicely at the top - as we've come to expect from MS products.

Oh well, into the firey unknown smile