Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy C Watts

Where are my controls for my TNT2?

I know that NT has not supported

D3D in the past, but Win2K is supposed to. I want to know where all the controls for OGl, D3D, and the other setting for my TNT 2 Ultra Card are.. I have everything running right. Some D3D stuff does not shade polygons correctly.. but that will be fiexed in time.

And on another note: I keep downloading DX7 from peoples "win 2 k Boxes" (you know who you are) and the files doent contain any executable. My system says its running DX7, but I dont know if all the other drivers qualify. Everything seems to run fine now... but I want my Controls!

Build 2128

Dual 400 Celeron (Abit BP6)

Xentor 32

-Powerstrip crashes.

Can you be a bit more specific -which "controls" do you need?

The "tinkering" controls for D3D and OpenGL are unlikely to be provided by the native, MS-approved drivers, as they can compromise stability - a definate no-no in the NT world.

PowerStrip is the best solution. Which version crashes on you? Have you downloaded the most recent W2K-specific version?

[This message has been edited by YuppieScum (edited 11 November 1999).]

Personally everysingle problem I ever had with games freezing system stopping, or anythighn was ended when I uninstalled powerstrip. Id use the registry to change most of your settings, if you dont know where they are check out some sites they should have the proper reg locations for what ur lookin for.

Iv only got 1 friedns whose system runs stable with powerstrip the 3 o us over here always had issues with it, so I guess its jsut how ur systems configed. I know I wont use it again, but itll work for some people very succesfully.

and yes try not to be so vague in ur post buddy, give us some specifics, as Im sure u know "all the controls for OGl, D3D, and the other setting for my TNT 2 Ultra Card are.. " covers a whole Sh*tload of stuff, and if u want it all I doubt ur going to get it with these beta drivers...

One perhaps silly question here, but have you upgraded your TNT drivers to 3.53?? you haven't mentioned this.

I installed 3.53 and have no probs with anything smile.gif

Well, to be specific...

Yes, I have the 3.53 Drivers. And I was referring to the "tinkering" options for OGl and D3D. I finally got PStrip to install. (I kept installing a Beta version that would give me the Blue Scrren of Death and restart my system....) But everything is alright with Powerstrip now. Everything plays OK.

My system

Abit BP6 with 2 400mhz Cel.

64 MB RAM

8GB Seagate Meadalist UDMA66 HDD

Maxigamer Xentor 32 Ultra, Boxed SEttings

SBAWE64 GOLD

VIKING 56K winmodem (I hate this POS)

Linksys 10/100 Card (just for my intranet)

SOny 8x cdrom (still kick'n)

All updated drivers to my knowledge.

No "funny" software running that doesnt have to. (like wingate or tweak or anything like that)

What else can I tell you?

Jeremy

JimmyK

Do you know where the registry key is for the speed rating on a tnt2u in win2k. I have looked and looked for it but have never found it.

Hmm.. No, I dont know where those settings would be kept? I have only used my tnt2U for about 3 weeks now. They are new to me. If you are referring to the clock/mem speeds... mine are set at 175/183 stock out of the box. I can overclock them, but I dont know enough about them yet.

I was playing Unreal with the ... latest patch, forget what it is (I am at work now). but in D3D, I got NO textures, some lighting and it looked like Wolfenstien 3d! I played it like that for some time, but then I switched it OGL, and it had better graphics features and lighting in it than it did when I ran it with 98! It was ****ing awesome looking... my problem is, that it keept taxing the hard disk, and I cant figure out why. I quit the game, but the .exe was still running, I had to kill it manually, it was taking up ALL my resources. It looks like it doesnt like NT. Is there anything I can do for it to make it not cache the HDD so much? It would run really smoothly if it didnt chop due to the constant caching. I imagine it has something to do with my pagefile size, but I dont know too much about NT. I should be able to run it really smoothly and quickly. Dual 400s tend to do that -even if you dont have smp.

jeremy