Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shassouneh

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET being a pain to work. Please he

Dear All,

As soon as i create a Visual Basic .NET project, I get the following error message! I have no idea what it means or what it implies. All I know is I cannot edit the form like I can in VB6. Does someone know how I can resolve this issue?

VBError.jpg

NOTE: The link has been fixed (above)

What error message are you speaking of? I don't see the image you are trying to reference.

Geocities seems to be making it difficult to show your image, so you might want to use a different host in the future. As to your problem, have you tried installing SP1?

Nope!

NOTE: I have re-uploaded the error above as a JPG file and it works now.

I just installed SP1 and it didn't help at all! Someone please help! smile

REMINDER: This error occurs as soon as i create the project, BEFORE ME EVEN WRITING ANY CODE OR DESIGNING THE FORM! IT DOES NOT LET ME DESIGN THE FORM ANYWAYS DUE TO THIS ERROR!

HERE is some System information just in case you may need it

Make Sure You Open this link in a browser and then download the ZIP file

I'm just refreshing this topic. Does anyone at least have some hints as to what i can try? I want to start developing in VB.NET as soon as possible smile

Dunno bud, I have been using it on several machines without any problems. Have you tried working with MS Support?

Actually no i haven't because frankly i do not beleive is MS support. I would rather have the satisfaction of figuring out the problem myself, if at all possible! frown

I'mstill open to suggestions though! frown

I'm not sure I see the difference between receiving help from Microsoft and receiving help from those posting here. I haven't run into the issue you're having either. HAve you tried loading an existing project to see what happens?

OLEerror,"existing project"? I can't even create a project without this error!

jtourville,I tried that link.It completely lost me.AllI 'm trying to do is do what I've always done in VB6, create a project, add a form and start designing it. Its being a pain in the a** to even create a project. Can someone explain the details of the link above in PLAIN english?