Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nposce

What are/is the best XP tweak program?

I want to download one, but what is the best all around program that is stable and good support included?

I agree with Marktait Xteg X-Setup is the best overall tweak tool I have seen to date. smile

If I'm not mistaken the current version of X-Setup is old, actually it came out before XP. I recall testing it a while ago, and there were several features that did not work at all or were sortta out of place in XP. Didn't give it that much attention, though.

What is it that you want to tweak ? Many things can easily be done by TweakUI and the tools that come with windows.

H.

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken the current version of X-Setup is old, actually it came out before XP. I recall testing it a while ago, and there were several features that did not work at all or were sortta out of place in XP. Didn't give it that much attention, though.

Theres a new version coming out soon, it's currently at Beta 2.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=127

Quote:
It includes major changes to the programs, a lot of new features, more than 200 plug-in changes and about 100 new plug-ins. If you are interested, just have a look at the file HISTORY.TXT once you have downloaded it.

*drools*

I can't wait

*downloads*

While I know this thread is dealing with programs that enhance performance through tweaking, and TweakUI, is helpful, the best tweaking is keeping the system clean from all the clutter, broken shortcuts, and registry trash left behind either from installing or uninstalling, deleting and moving of files. System Mechanic maintains a machine very well: http://www.iolo.com/ . I know this is not a tweaking program in the strict sense, but good maintenance goes a long way in keeping a system "tweaked".

my own two hands, if u know what ur doing the manual tweaks are the best(more control over every tweak u make).