Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tarzan

USB2.0 and ASUS A7V333

The USB2.0 drivers on my ASUS CD is not working in Windows XP.

This device cannot start. (Code 10) is all it can do. I don't know what a Code 10 is, so I'm stuck.

Can anyone help me out with this? Or give me a link to some more useable WinXP drivers?

Tarzan

No, it is a VIA chip (or so it says). Windows-update don't find anything, but it was good try :o)

Just curious, on the a7v333, does the 'unlimited voltage' jumper when set to unlimited really give you unlimited cpu core voltage selections?

Thanks.

They had some discussion over at the AMDMB forums. Apparently, it does not give the "unlimited voltage" it supposed to. I believe it tops out at 1.85V, like many boards seem to.

Thanks guys. Actually after looking over at amdmb.com, I saw an owner say that with the jumper on unlimited, when he set the voltage to 1.85, it was really 2.20. Sounds like the "resistor trick" that was done for the original a7v (which I'm still running). You set it to 1.85 and depending on what resistor you put on got 2.20 volts from it.

Looks like they built that mod in. Sweet.

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=113092

New thread that chainbolt started that I just found there.

I definatly know I'm going to finally upgrade my 1.5 year old a7v to this board. smile Then we'll see how .net server likes this new board.

Yep, Reaper. That is allso what I have read, and the fixed BIOS I wrote about will show the correct value for the voltage e.g. 2.2V, 2.1V aso.

I think (have not tried it) it works with the jumpers with standard BIOS. Just use ASUSProbe or similar program to show the voltage.

Tarzan