Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tweaked

PNY Geforce 4 TV OUT Image Quality

Man, the image quality on the PNY model sucks horrible a$$!

my old voodoo 3 3000 from 2 years ago had better tv out. text is completely fuzzy and totally unreadable!

any one else got this problem?

any one got a different brand of geforce 4 with tv out that rocks?

damnit, the promise of superior tv out is one of the reasons i bought this thing!

and yea, i am using an svideo cable. output to a Sony Wega XBR400 HDTV.

BTW, i heard that SOMEONE was making a dvi to component (HDTV) adapter. anyone hear about this?

the tv out on this card is powered by a conexant chip, the cx25871.

it is supposed to be very good.

i have tried multiple cables, i am presently using a monster cable.

i get waviness moving from the right to left on all darker screens as well as the text bluriness...

kinda like watching the tide wash acroos my screen...

considering the huge custom ramsinks i have attached to my memory it won't be easy to take it back.

SOME ONE with a PNY please try out their tv out and let me know what success you have on image quality.

if this is just this one card i am gonna have to figure out a way to get my arctic silver epoxy'ed ramsinks off, and exchange the bugger.

thanks for any help available.

I've got TV-out on an MSI GF2Ti, but if you want great text, it's not gonna happen. TV's aren't capable of as high of resolution as monitors. You're looking of resolutions of 640x480 or 800x600, maybe 1024x768 on some high-end models, but I don't think it get's much higher. TVs aren't made for fine text, it also depends on your TV too. I'm hooked up to a Toshiba 32" and it's one of the nicest images other than Sony (which are considerably more, and are a little better). The image isn't as good as I'd like either, but it's limited by the TV.

yeah, i know that. but like i said, my previous cards had better tv out. My Asus gf2 gts and my Asus gf3 both had tv out with text that was readable just fine. The Asus gf3 had a good clean crisp image, you could surf the web or whatever just fine.

This is worse than my old voodoo 3.

Thats really is saying something.

i might just drop $100 on a vga to component out adapter i've seen. set up the second display as 1280 x 1024 interlaced at 60hz using powerstrip and i've got a 36 inch second moniter.