Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Internet Explorer Window Size

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to force IE to open using a specific window size, or is there a utility that can control this?

I run my desktop at 1600x1200, and I do a great deal of web design. I would like to be able to test web pages at specific resolutions without having to reset my desktop just to do it.

Thanks for any information

Hmmm... here's an idea...

Make a page with links that call the following javascript. We use this on our 404 page to open a new window for users looking for old content that generates a 404 error:

<SCRIPT language="javascript">

window.open("http://www.weslow.net/webskin/1/toc.asp","","copyhistory=1,location=1,toolbar=1,menubar=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=700,height=480");

</SCRIPT>

Of course, replace with your own URL. Primarily what you would want to change is, of course, the width and height. I would set those to various resolutions and just make a page with links that called all of these one by one.

--Vermyndax

LOL, might be an idea if the guy who made the prog actually used it on his site - the text is fixed size & too small so IE's View->Text Size function doesn't have any effect on it & if you try viewing the page in NS 6.2.x it does enlarge but the formatting's flubbed with the menu overlapping the main text!