Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobbinbrisco

Google Tool Bar

I have downloaded the google tool bar, but the problem is i dont want to download it again for my other computers.

does anyone know where IE6 puts all the downloaded install files on the computer?

the reason y i dont know where the file is because Google does not give a link to the file on its website so IE downloads and install it automatically.

In general, it's %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files (such as "C:\Documents and Settings\clutch\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"), but sometimes you can find it in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp as well depending on the application. One more thing; "search" doesn't usually scan these directories, even if you are directing it to them. I usually just sort by file size and then take it out from there.

The Google Toolbar is installed into "%windir%\Downloaded Program Files". Problem is, you have to disable the "special folder" view in order to see the actual files. To do this, drop to a command prompt and change to that directory. Type "attrib -h desktop.ini". Then rename desktop.ini to somthing else, like "ren desktop.ini ~desktop.ini". Now you can browse this folder normally in explorer and see the actual files. My computer has two files related to Google: "googlenav.dll" and "GoogleToolbar_en_1.1.54-deleon.dll". I don't think that you can just copy these files to install it, but you can try it. Oh, and don't forget to fix "desktop.ini" back the way it was when you're done...