Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Klark

Volume settings with XP and SB Live! 5.1...Stupid!

I'm so pissed... I have major problems with my volume settings in XP, with my SB Live card.

In Winamp, my volume is practically OFF !! ...but when I play mp3's, they're so loud that they rip my face off !! But yet you can barely hear my Windows sounds !!! I turn up the wav volume settings to were I can hear them ok, and then the mp3's blow my head completely off !! Why isn't there seperate settings for mp3 and wav volumes ?? I have played with the volume settings for days...and nothing works !!! I never had a problem with ME...but since XP, my sound licks sweaty mule balls.

I have a friend that has the same card as me, and he's running XP, and he has seperate volume controls for his mp3's and .wav files....WTF !!?? Why don't I have seperate controls ?? I have tryed everything. For now, I have to resort to lowering the 'preamp' slider in Winamp's EQ section....which works, but having to do that totally suX !!

Anybody got any ideas, or know of a mp3 / wav volume fix ??

Set your Winamp output plugin to be directsound instead of waveout and winamp will have its own directsound volume control, with the wave volume control being its master, which gets interesting having 3 volume controls for mp3s sometimes (Master, Wave, Winamp)

Yeah if you want just your Mixer settings to control the sound then uncheck the "Enable Volume Control" or whatever it is in WinAmp. That way your mixer will take full control of the current running sound app not the app itself.