Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ryoko

free domain names

I seem to remember a post once about free services to register your domain name. I used one, but they are converting to a full pay site and I will be loosing my personal domain soon. Can someone please let me know of some good and free domain registration sites.

Thanks,

RY

Why don't you try a domain redirector? Like dyndns.com, for example, they work usually for people with dynamic IP addressing. At least they're for free...

Thanks, but I do not think they are accepting new accounts. Unless I read that wrong. Instead I went with www.dns2go.com

The tricky part is that most desireable domains have been taken already, especially by those holding them just to sell them off to the highest bidder. DNS2GO let me get my domain name, but as a subdomain of one of their many domains. For example instead of getting something like ryoko.com I probably could get ryoko.dns2go.com or ryoko.d2g.com

This is a nice solution, as it provides all that I need and unless I want MX records for mail forwarding, it is free and has a dynamic IP client.

Well, anyway that is what worked for me, and I hope others can benefit from it like I did.

-RY

damn you found it :), shame I never did anything to that site frown ....

Maybe when I don't have so much work to do *ahem*

Right after I posted that, I looked to see if I could get ryoko.com

Too bad, I would have liked having it.

cool