Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
whoisurdaddy

Powerstrip and black screen

Hello, I just installed Powerstrip program last week and I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. The problem now is that everytime after I log-in, my monitor goes blank for 1 second and then it comes back on. I can use my computer as usual and there is no problem with it so far. The thing is it is annoying to me. I know it is caused by Powerstrip because I wasn't getting that problem before installing Powerstrip. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I increased the memory clock and core clock speed and the display was screwed up so I put them both to normal settings and decided not to overclock my video card and I uninstalled Powerstrip.

Try removing your display drivers and reinstalling them, i know it does that black screen thing when its changing the clock speed on the card, it might just be trying to do that, even if its just setting them to default speed again.

w00t! I fixed the problem. I was looking through my Registry and Coolbit thingy was enabled so I went to the display property and I found the Overclocking feature enabled so I disabled it now I don't have that 1 second blank screen problem anymore. Thanks for the help though. smile