Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shepski

Sendmail on IIS5

Hi,

I have installed JMail on a win2k advanced server but people find it very difficult to use and are requesting the ability to use sendmail on the NT. Now I have seen this done in perl but dont know where to find the relevant script.

Can anyone help?

Do you have your own SMTP server to send email out from? I use CDO (Collaborative Data Objects) in ASP to send emails that I generate from forms. Here's an example:

Code:
strName = Request.Form("txtName")strCompName = Request.Form("txtCompName")strPhone = Request.Form("txtPhone")strFax = Request.Form("txtFax")strEmail = Request.Form("txtEmail")Response.Write "Sending email to: <B>" & strTo & "</B> .. "Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")objMail.To = strToobjMail.From = "yourname@yourdomain.com"'objMail.Subject = strSubjectobjMail.Subject = "Subject: Online Form Submission" & strName'Mail body buildup and formattingobjMail.Body = "From your online form" & Chr(10) & Now () & Chr(10) & Chr(10) & "Name" & Chr(10) & strName  & Chr(10) & Chr(10) & "Company Name" & Chr(10) & strCompName _ & Chr(10) & Chr(10) &  "Phone Number" & Chr(10) & strPhone & Chr(10) & Chr(10) & "Fax Number" _  & Chr(10) & strFax & Chr(10) & Chr(10) & "Email Address" & Chr(10) & strEmailobjMail.SendSet objMail = NothingResponse.Write "done"

I use these regularly for online forms both on my Intranet and Internet sites. If this will do what you are looking for, then maybe I can help you.

I dont use CDONTS. I do use however a mailserver called Merak which uses something called smtp.exe to send out mails if thats of any help.

Well, CDONTS is just a way of processing the object for out purposes. Is the mailserver application installed on the same server hosting this page you want to write? If not, is the SMTP service on the IIS server? If either is correct, you could just make a simple ASP page with that code, put your email address on it, and run it to see what happens. We had our Exchange 5.5 box hosting our Intranet site during testing a while ago, and it worked very well without configuration. The same goes for having the SMTP service installed on the hosting server.