Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
whoisurdaddy

Infinite Loop sound crash in Counter-Strike

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else here got infinite looping sound problem in Counter-Strike? Like I would be playing CS for like 20 mins then the game would freeze and the sound would loop forever. Then I would have to kill halflife.exe in Task Manager. This is the only game I have installed and been playing since I upgraded my system to Athlon XP 1900+. The thing is I don't know whether if this problem is AMD system specific or not because I had this same problem with my old Intel PIII 933 system too. Except I think with this new AMD system, it problem is more frequent. Any suggestions?

BTW:

My new Athlon XP system runs fine doing everything else. That CS problem is the only one I got so far. I forgot to mention this but video driver version is 23.11.

Sound loop is happening because you're freezing, so most likely nothing to do with your sound card at all. CS the only game you use openGL by chance? If so, you might want to try reinstalling the drivers, or trying a newer version (of course that would mean using beta drivers, but..). Let me know what you find.

Yeah, CS is the only game installed on my system using OpenGL. I have tried installing VIA's AGP driver but for some reason it won't install. Weird...I am thinking about installing VIA's 4in1 but I am afraid it might introduce more problems. But I think I am going to try it. Like I said, I don't think it is AMD specific problem because I just upgraded my mobo + CPU + memory to Athlon XP 1900+ and Abit KR7A-133 and 512 mb PC2100 from PIII-933, Abit SA6R and 512 mb PC-133. I am reusing all the other parts like video, sound, etc. I have gotten this same problem b4 when I had the Intel system. But I think I am going to try and install new VIA's 4in1 to see if that will fix my problem.

I ahve the same problem except my system hardlocks. I htink it may have something to do with the GTS. I have the same card.

I used to get that problem then i switched to using d3d. try that and then if that don't work download some drivers and try different ones

Hey Whosurdaddy, did you ever solve you problem. I have the same problem presently and nearly the same setup.

KR7A-Raid

XP2400

1024MB PC2100 ram

GF3 TI-500 card

Audigy

I have not had this problem before. I upgraded my processor to XP2400, added 512MB of Ram, added 60GB ATA133 HD, decided to to clean install and update all drivers my drivers. Now I have lockups during Counter Strike. ;(

Any suggestions?

I have the same exact problem. at random times my cs freezes for some reason and loops whatever sound it was at the time it froze. it happens randomly. sometimes i can play for an hr and it freezes, other times it freezes within 5 mins. here is my system specs

amd athlonXP 2500+

Asus A7V8X-X mobo

512mb Geil pc3200

Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128mb

Sound Blaster Live 5.1

Seagate Barracuda 80gb 7200rpm HD

i have the latest drivers for my video card installed. this problem just started about 2 months ago and it is extremely annoying, especially when im trying to play in clan matches and it freezes lol. if anyone can help that would be awesome. Thanks!

Matt

If it started about two months ago, what else changed around that time? Did you install any new drivers? New BIOS version? You may want to try some older video drivers.