Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stingbandel

Help, can't access my other system on a network.

Hi, I am having a problem with my Win 2k AS system. I can access my Win 2k AS system from my Win 2k Pro but my Win 2k AS can't access my Win 2k Pro. It says that network is not accessible.

I am using SMC router with dial up connection so what I do is basically just setup the workgroup the same. So both systems are using Stingbandel workgroup.

does anybody know what's wrong with it?

Thanks

Are you using network neighborhood to browser, or are you typing in \\computername\share?

Also, make sure your IP info is correct.

Quote:

Are you using network neighborhood to browser, or are you typing in \computername\share?

Also, make sure your IP info is correct.

Hi, I am using network neighborhood to browse.

I never setup the IP before and it was ok with my other Win XP system since I use the router.

I am not sure with what you mean by \\computername\share. Could you explain to me more detail? thanks

So you have Windows 2000 Advanced Server, yet you don't understand the simple UNC nomenclature that kgeissler is asking you about? Is this correct? Where did you get this copy of Win2K AS anyway? You should have documentation for it, or at least have attended an introductory class where the copies are given out. Tell you what, maybe the w4rez site that hosted this copy (or whomever gave it to you) can help you learn the basics of networking Windows operating systems, so the next time you post you don't scream out to the world "LOOK WHAT I DOWNLOADED!!!".