Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Helmann

New Nvidia beta drivers! anyone tried them yet?

Wondering if anyone has tried the new beta drivers for geforce cards??? If so is there any frame rate improvements??? Any bugs also???

What beta?

I used to check every beta Detonators out there, at a rate of one/week smile Then I got bored of benchmarking and settled for the "official" release from nVidia, which is supposedly tested and "stable".....but then again, we all know how good the 23.11s are :P

If you are talking about the 27.20s?, they seem fine here, just the same as the 27.10s. Slightly slower in 3dmark 2001 than the 23.11s but the 8light test is alot faster. No stability probs with them and good image quality. No real reason to use them if you already have drivers that work fine for you.

Quote:
I used to check every beta Detonators out there, at a rate of one/week

i used to do that as well, until i hit the 27.42 detonators...which where the first ones to give me an infinite_loop_blue_screen. I tried the 27.51 which did the same, so i rolled back to the 27.20, which are the latest & fastest stable drivers for my system.

i got the infinite loop bluescreen only when i overclocked my TNT2 from 125 to 179 Mhz and used its acceleration for 1/2 hour,

but when i did it a bit less to 160 Mhz then its working fine..

nvreffix does not work with 27.42+ drivers so you have to use 60hz in games. In other words, bad idea.

Note that there is a version of 27.51 that has been modified to support the refresh rate fix. I have not tried it yet; I generally use the latest official nvidia drivers.

Just a request,

Please when you make reference to drivers, please post a link to them as well.

PLEASE!!!!

Not just for NVidia, but for anything.

TIA

F.

dos freak how did u fix the refresh rate with those drivers? what is everyone using to fix the probem with the nvidia 27.42 and later drivers? is powerstrip a reccomended program?

I used that Nvidia Refresh Rate prog. Worked fine for me. Mabye it was because I used the Nvidia 2.7.51 driver .inf for the 27.70 drivers? Dunno.

I too use to install every damn beta detonator out there, but now I really just don't care that much and use my old favorite the 7.52 det's. They work fine for my GF2MX. Its not like Nvidia is making any REAL performance optimizations for GF2 and GF1 chips anymore.