Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigcletus

does win2k/XP support higher than 60 hz refresh rates??

my desktop has a refresh of 100 Hz however ANY game of any kind has only a refresh of 60 Hz! I have tried everything including different drivers, settings, ect. There has to be a way to overcome this.

Also, my performance with XP Pro sucks! I recently bought a GeForce 3 Ti200 and I am very dissapointed. Quake III is very choppy. Not to mention every game I play on it breaks up and tears. What do I need to do to get winME/9x game performance on XP? I thought when i upgraded from win2k to xp all of those gaming issues would be solved. I thought wrong. Even an upgrade in my vid card from my Voodoo 3 has only made the problem worse. I have an old PIII 500 that should at least play Quake III without problem. Even emulator programs like RockNEs and snes9x have terrible performance.

Sorry for such a long bloated thread but does anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

my system if it helps: PIII 500 w/640MB Ram ABIT BX6 Rev2.0 MB, Geforce 3 64MB DDram

Hey, how fast can your system get to now?

Mine maxes out at 75Hz, and I was wondering if this nvreffix perhaps automatically adjusts the Direct draw rate to the current monitor refresh settings?