Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hargrovm

Plustek Optikpro 4830p Win2k Problem

I've just installed Win2k on a brand new handbuilt machine but cannot get my optic pro 4830p scanner to work correctly. I've downloaded and installed the driver nt driver as suggested on this site and the scanner is found and recognised but when I try and use the scanner - identified as a twain source all I get is a garbled, jumbled up image - horizontal stips of image that appear to be either in the wrong place or badly aligned and the colours look to be in negative - or wrong. I've tried with a number of different scanning programs but the result is the same so I suspect the driverAccording to the compatability list it should work can someone give any suggestions as to what I may have got wrong or things I could try. The lead and everything (apart from the software) is the same as I used to use on a Win98 machine where the scanner works

Thanks

Longish shot, but if it is a different machine, and the scanner is parallel, could it be a BIOS based option, such as which communication type to use?

I tried all the options under the sun - bios wise

The best I found was EPP v1.9 although selecting v1.7 made no difference with IRQ7/378 - but still the scantest program

wouldn't recognise the scanner if I told it it was an EPP port

it was quite happy to believe however that it was a Standard port SPP

so I'm at the stage now that I can scan an image up to 200dpi in colour without any real worries - greyscale I can go all the way to 600dpi - I seem to be able to get to 24bit color 600dpi scans

provided that the computer isn't disturbed while it is scanning - if it is then it tends to trash the image or at one stage with one set of bios settings it would crash the machine BSOD-style I checked and according to the WIN 2000 Hardware Manager LPT port is on its own on IRQ 7 and there is nothing untowards with IRQ sharing or resource conflicts - If I'm hooked up to my network then there is no way I can get a clean scanned image over 200dpi. Standalone if I hold my breath I can - but it has an orange tint - which the scanner seems to add when it feels like it - or more correctly removes when it feels like it.

The drivers I've tried are from plustek.de - and plustek.com - usa the drivers from the latter aren't any good for me - they work up to 200dpi then you get scrap images using either the 4830p driver or the 4831p driver - Plustek said try both. The 4831p driver from plustek.de is in a broken zip file it seems to me - so i haven't tried that yet.

Thanks for your help