Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Packet Writing software for XP

I was wondering what packet writing software works for XP?? Does DirectCD work yet?? I know the UDF file format in Nero works, but is this like DirectCD? Can i write directly to and from the CD like it was a floppy after i burn it using Nero's UDF format?

Nero has its own packet writing software, it's called Ahead InCD.

Same thing as DirectCD from Adaptec, really...

InCD crashes my system on booting, so had to uninstall it in Safe Mode. I do wish Ahead would get their act together & release a properly XP-compatible version.

Well when you try and install InCD it says its designed for 9x/NT/2000 not XP so its more a use at your own risk application. I got InCD working fine for me i just installed the newest version off Ahead's website and installed it in Win2k compatability mode.

Hmm - I don't think I tried that, besides - isn't the 1 off their site an update? If so, do you have to go hunting about on the original CD for the install file [as opposed to using the autorunning installer] & install that with 2K compatibility mode as well?

Cool thanks, had to go through a pain in the *** trying to get a packet writing software that is XP compatible. Seeing that noplace on Roxio's site does it say ANYTHING about directCD 5.10 or any reference to earlier versions not working on XP. Im just glad to have DirectCD back and working. :yay: laugh

Jaa, but I thini that this update it's not for Directcd.

At the moment I've installed vers. 5.02d and if I try to install it, I receive an error msg: this update it's for vers. 3.8 or 5 of WinOnCd etc. and that it can't go with the update.

What's happen??

frownfrownfrownfrown

Cro

Works fine for me. Maybe the links have changed. But it was a full version

it will only work if you have WinOn CD installed to update to that version of Direct CD. I like the new XP compatible version of InCD better anyway the 5.10 version of Direct CD doesnt like my CD player.

Yeah, but it's only just come out, I think the last time I checked was last week & it wasn't there then.