Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
elitton

Thrustmaster T2 wheel w/win2000

Having problems with the T2 wheel steering in the opposite direction than its supposed to. I've tried everything to correct this with no luck. Older T2 wheel connected to gameport, Win2000 P111 800 128meg RAM. Is the wheel just not compatible ? Or is there a fix. Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure if this will help, but it might.

You've mentioned you tried everything, next time, list what you've tried so people know what you haven't. If you've truly tried everything, how could anyone here help? smile

Okay, I'm not sure about running joysticks through gameports in Win2000 (all that I know that works is USB) but I did notice in QFixApp there's a joystick emulator. Does anyone know if this might correct the problem? I'm guessing not, but if you want to try go to

msdn.microsoft.com/compatibility and download Win2000 Application Compatibility Toolkit version 1.5 (on the right side of the page)

Open QFixApp (comes with toolkit) while logged on as admin, browse for the game executable, pick a compatiblity layer, then click the fixes tab and look for EmulateJoystick about 1/4th the way down on the scrollable list. If it's not checked, check it, then click the run button to try the game with the joystick emulated.

When I use QFixApp, I end up DISabling Joystick emulation, since I'm running Logitech joysticks/gamepads with Win2000 drivers.

Care to now more about the joystick emulation fix? This is a quote from QFixApp about it:

"Fetch JOYCAPS data for given joystick number and copy number of requested bytes to apps structure. If the return value is an error then fill the JoyCaps structure with the same values as Win9x"

I honestly doubt it will reverse the directional output, but hey, you never know. Even if it doesn't work, having QFixApp is a good thing to have anyway. A few of my favorite games won't run without it.

Thanks ConQueso, I had D/Led the compatibility tools awhile back. After examining the works of the steering a little closer, I found that the pod at the end of the wheel was bad. I appreciate your help, & in further posts will try to be more specific. Again Thank You.. E