Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
angelo

modem doesn't work in the net dial-up

my modem stopped of working in the net dial-up of the windows 2000, I did some tests and he are working in the win2000, he/she doesn't only want to work in the net dial-up. can anybody help me?

there is not any conflict in the manager of devices.

thank you

angelo

I've found that my modem won't working if I don't turn it on before I boot up windows. I guess the driver doesn't find it on boot, and hence assumes it missing. Don't know if this is your problem or not. If this isn't your problem, make sure your modem is switched on and connected. Go into Control Panel-> Add/remove Hardware. Remove your old driver, and then install it again.

Change the modem driver to a generic modem. I have a US Robotics modem that was detected correctly and passed all diagnostics, but then couldn't dial in. I changed it to a generic modem, and everything works fine now.

I'm having problems with my modem as well. I have a 3Com winmodem which W2k seems to find and install a driver for, but when I try to connect to the internet it doesn't appear to be able to recieve incoming packets. I then installed a generic 28.8 that I had in my spare parts box, and while I got it to install properly it is having some bad problems with errors. I managed to get it to connect to the internet, but it usually disconnects within a minute or two after I attempt to go to any web site. any ideas

Lower your port speed to 57600

on both COM & Dail-up