Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Klark

Dual CPU motherboard with 64 bit / 66mhz PCI slots ??

Hey guys, Does anyone know of any dual CPU server level motherboards with 64bit/66mhz PCI slots ?? All of the server motherboards from SuperMicro are 64bit/33mhz PCI slots....and this won't work. Intel has a number of them, but their motherboards are like $450 each !! I don't mind spending $300 or so....but $450-500 is getting ridiculous. Even the new Tyan K7 has only 64bit/33mhz slots....which is pretty lame, considering its a brand new board.

Let me know if ya'll know of any other companies that have what I'm lookin' for...

ThanX in advance......Klark

That's high-end stuff, so I'm not really surprised you're looking at a $500 board. I'm not sure, but you may want to check out Asus too. I know they have a few server oriented boards, and a few are ServerWorks. However, the SW are going to be very expensive, and I don't remember if they have 64-bit/66MHz PCI slots.

You could try eBay or Pricewatch for one, but I'm not really sure you're gonna find one brand new for $300 or less.

I think I am going to buy the SAI2 from Intel. Which pretty much has all of the features I need...and more. Unfortunately, the SAI2 just started shipping this week, so nobody has it quite yet. But I did get a ruff-estimate from a distributor that said the board should be around $350....Which I'd be willing to pay.

Anyway, thanx for your advice...I will check out your recommendations.

Klark