Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shovmyfist

Outlook Express & Systray

is there anyway to minmize Outlook Express to the Systray (like you can do for regualar Outlook xp)?

any third party software to do this??

I personally use ePrompter to check all of my email (POP, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) at a time interval that I personally set and it informs me w/an audio alert and/or the rotating icon in the system tray. I've also listed 2 Outlook Express "minimize to system tray" specific programs.

ePrompter 1.05 SR17 January 14, 2002www.eprompter.com

ePrompter is a free e-mail notification program that automatically checks up to eight password-protected e-mail accounts for AOL, Hotmail, Juno, Netscape, USA.net, Rediffmail, Yahoo, POP3, AltaVista, Email.com, GO.com, iname, Lycos, Mail.com, MSN, OneBox, Switchboard, and hundreds of other e-mail domains--simultaneously.

ePrompter features a primary message screen and a unique rotating tray icon. It also features a screensaver that lets you know the number of new messages in each of your accounts and gives you the ability to read and/or delete each message online or offline with the click of an icon. An audio prompt alerts you to new messages.

When your computer is online, ePrompter retrieves e-mail at intervals determined by you, up[censored] the ePrompter screens and icon accordingly. Additionally, you can manually update all of your e-mail accounts or an individual account at any time. When your computer is offline, ePrompter's auto-dial feature can automatically dial up an online connection to retrieve your e-mail and update the notifications accordingly.

This version features a fix for AOL. Other recent versions included fixes for Yahoo, Mail.com and Email.com. If you are upgrading, be sure to completely exit ePrompter before installing the new version.

OutTray 2.01 [August 7, 2001] www.loft.dk

OutTray minimizes Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express down in the Windows system tray as an icon by the clock. OutTray reacts after the user has minimized Outlook in the normal way, allowing you to specify the number of seconds, as a command-line parameter, that you would like to wait before moving the program to the system tray.

The last update included fixes for use of single identity in Outlook, maximizing Outlook, and Win2K. Version 2.0 supports simultaneous use of Outlook and Outlook Express, and multiple Outlook windows. Version 2.01 improves the Options dialog, ensures that only one instance of OutTray can be run at a time, allows simultaneous use of Outlook and Outlook Express and multiple Outlook windows.

AllToTray 2.2 [January 22, 2002] www.dntsoft.com

AllToTray allows you to minimize ANY window to your System Tray. It adds the option 'Minimize to Tray' to the System menu of the window. If you have checked this option, AllToTray will minimize the window to your System Tray any time you minimize it. Minimize the window as usually (mouse or keyboard). To restore the window you will click on its icon on your System Tray. New version introduces the options : double click to restore the window, every window has its icon on tray or one icon for all minimized windows, show the number of minimized windows as icon, right-click menu of the icon, arrange the applications by title, type or last accessed. You get more free space on Taskbar without alterate the full functionality of the applications!