Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Transmak

problems with my Gainward GF3 Ti200

I got problems with my Gainward GF3 Ti200 in WinXP, when i try to run 3D MARK 2001, watch videos, play games the screen fills upp with colors and stripes and reboot is req. I had to tune my hardware acceleration down so that directdraw and direct3d were disabled in order to play games with OpenGL, i tryed various drivers, tryed using directX for win2000 (probably the same as for XP?), can anybody help me, beside corecting my english smile

The problem is perhaps caused by remaining files from previous Nvidia drivers. Uninstall drivers through Control Panel and erase all Nv... files in C:\Windows\, reboot and reinstall Detonators.

All files that starts with Nv in the windows directory?

got lots off nv...dll in the windows/system32 folder

and nv4 and nv4_mini system files in the Windows/system32/drivers

is it ok to delete them?

The Nv4 files hold the XP drivers and will be recreated even after deletion. One or two other Microsoft files names hold "nv" letters. Right click, choose Properties, select Version tab and check Company: if it reads Nvidia in the right panel then delete the file.

It can also help to delete installation files in previous temporary folders like these: C:\Documents and Settings\***UserName***\Local Settings\Temp\ and to remove the Oemxx.inf files relating to Nvidia drivers in C:\Windows\Inf.

When DirectDraw does not work, to reinstall Windows XP is the sole option. What does DX Diagnostic tell after Start, Run, dxdiag?

i reinstalled my XP and that didnt work, if i run dxdiag with full hardware acceleration it crashes, dxdiag works only when i got HA on low butt then it doesnt do me no good cause diret3d and directdraw is disabled, thanks for all youre sugjestions but im still att ground zero and starting to give upp this #¤" card