Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nagual

shell/shellenhancement

hellu,

im looking for a shell/shellenhancement for win2k that´ll either let me replace or add functionality to the win2k shell in the following way : id like (just like in linux) the ability to rightclick on my desktop and choose my programs from there, ie you get a menu just like the startmenu only its not fixed to one spot (thx a lot for that one ms ;-)

plz dont tell me bout other shells like litestep etc that dont do the trick according to my specs smile

thx in advance

/ nagual

Uh, forgive me for being a bit of a ****, but look in to LiteStep or something. You asked for shells or shell enhancements. LiteStep is a shell for which many shell enhancements are available. I don't see how LiteStep itself doesn't meet your spec, because you can design a skin to appear exactly as you want it, including the start menu when you right-click. If you mean to get your start menu when you right click, but keep the start menu and the explore.exe shell, I think you're out of luck. Things like left- and right mouse button clicks are defined in explore.exe or whatever shell you're using.

/L.A

Not exactly what I would call a shell but what about DesktopX or something similar? It allows for all kinds of customizations... Range from cool to ridiculous...