Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

LinkLogger for Linksys and ZyXEL Products

A friend showed me this nifty little product for logging IP traffic through his Linksys 4-Port Cable/DSL Gateway, but since I don't use my Linksys router anymore (I use ISA Server), I didn't have a need for it. I did check it out, and it seems pretty cool so I thought I would forward the link on to you guys...

http://www.linklogger.com/

It's pretty cheap, and has some nice little reporting features to it.

Well, I would imagine that they are too different from each other to really be compared. For instance, I am not aware of the Sniffer Pro application being functional on the built-in switch of the Linksys unit, nor would it be particularly suited to viewing reports by date, protocol, IP, and the like. Also, you wouldn't run Sniffer Pro at startup, nor would you want to run it as a service. Also, since Sniffer Pro costs SO much (probably $5,000-$10,000 for that client range). I am under the impression that this software works by using the logging funciton of the router, but actually keeps all the data rather than being capped at a limited amount of traffic (hence the need for the DB).