Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
imtim83

Does anyone here own a Plextor 24x 10x 40x CD-RW (IDE)?

If anyone out there owns a Plextor 24x 10x 32x cd-rw please let me know because i would like to ask a few questions about it real quick.

Any help appreicated

plese reply

Thanks

Hi

Probably wont help you but ive got the same drive but the 12x version.

Ok does your Plextor CD-RW (IDE) like to use name brand cd-rs and cd-rws better than no name brand cd-rs or cd-rws? Also how about when its readings cd-rs and cd-rws does it read the name brand ones better than the no name brand ones?

On my office depot cd-r brand and compusa cd-rw brand when i go to read them it takes forever sometimes to load up all the files off the cd with their right icon. Sometimes it even freezes my whole computer while it is reading my compusa cd-rw or office depot cd-r brand that i burned with my older HP 9110i CD-RW.

Why would it do this?

Any help appreicated

Please reply

Thanks

It works fine for most things, i only use memorex/kodak cd-r(w)s usually but the few times ive used no-name ones it has worked fine. It does take a bit longer than my dvd drive to actually get going though once you put a disk in, actually about 5-10seconds longer but once its going its fine. Ill have a play around with it later when i get home and see if does anything strange when i use a no-name cdr. It never freezes up the pc though while its reading.

Different brands of CDR discs are made differently thano other rands. There are websites which show the best CDR discs. I personally like Imations, Maxell's aren't too bad and Smart & Friendly's are TERRIBLE.

Got a Plextor 24/10/40A here. Using Nugen Media 80 minute CDs no problems. No coasters yet.

I got one too, no problems. For your info, just released: Plextor 24/10/40A firmware upgrade to v.1.03.

Fixed Bugs:

Transfer mode changes from DMA to PIO when the system exits stand-by mode under Windows 2000

Autorun does not start on Windows XP system

A UDF formatted CD-R would be recognised as Audio CD (Windows XP systems only)

LED turns on green during software eject while the tray is already open

Improvements:

Write performance for newer CD-R media and support of newer disc types.

/Toby

http://www.plextor.be/English/technical/download.html

I just looked on plextor's website but see no Plextor 24/10/40A firmware upgrade to v.1.03. What are u talking about? I went on the US plextor website.

Wierd, in Europe the drive is called PX-W2410TA (24/10/40) and it's where I just got it and updated. I'll guess you have to wait a little while for it to be posted on the US site then...

/Toby