Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Snakey

Need For Speed 5 (Force Feedback)

Hello people,

I installed Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed on Windows XP Professional and it ran fine after I deleted the gimme.dll

But I ran into another problem: I have a Logitech WingMan RumblePad joystick and it has Force Feedback. I set all the feedback power to different percentage. When the race starts, the pad rumbles a little bit since I left engine on 50% rumble. Then once I go off to the grass, it trembles more since I put road effects to 100%. But then when I try to get back to the road, it stays somewhere between 70% and 80% and the rumble doesn't go back to 50%. I don't know if that's a problem on all OS Plataforms but that happens to me on Windows XP. On older version of Need For Speed (High Stakes and Hot Pursuit) that doesn't happen and it works fine. I also tried to set Windows95/98 Compatibility mode and didn't work.

Did anyone ran into that kind of problem before?

If you did, could you tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Snakey

I have had nothing but problems with NFS on XP. I can't run in normal mode, I HAVE to run it in 98 compatibilty. Wierd. Others can run it fine in normal mode. Also I can't ALT-TAB out of the game, it crashes every time.

One more thing, my USB Force Feedback wheel works fine so I have no idea about your percentage feedback dilemma.

Mike