Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
enio

Western digital or IBM hard disk ?

I need to buy a hard disk but i dont know which one. Heard some stuff about IBM, that they are fast and die often, as for WD my friend has WD20gb hard and it died once he returned to the store they fixed it(as u can fix something here) and it died again. Maybe it is just coincidence, anyway i would like to hear what u guys thinkconfused .

I prefer IBM myself. I have 2 IBM HDs (45 gig and 30 gig) inside this computer right now and so far they've been running good. I don't have any problems with my HDs so far. I've had 30 gig one for like 1-1/2 years and 45 gig for like 1 year.

Will IBM harddisk work with my kr7a(5 days old) + XP1700(got it today):Dlaughlaugh (ahh life is good). Just kidding about the "will it work part", man im mean:D so ibm it is !!!

I am a PC reseller in Australia and i have had no problems with either of these drives. I only go for the 7200 rpm with 2mb cache models though.

In my opinion, the WD are the better value for money. In any case, both suppliers will replace your faulty drive rather promptly so I'd let my wallet talk.

laugh

Nope no problems at all, as for our sellers, they are worse than lawyers(rude, cheap, sneaky, selling stuff that hasn't been tested, outrageous, and not just some almost everyone, i didn't have any unpleasanties with them but my friends......)mad