Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ironman666

Sidewinder Game Pad stops responding in Madden 2002

Hey guys, I have a weird problem that I hope to fix. I have a Sidewinder Game Pad (the basic model). Whenever I play Madden 2002 using the SGP the controller begins to act up. Basically what happens is the controller stops responding. Then when I hit ESC to quit the game the main menu keeps scrolling up as if I were pressing Up on the D-Pad. Whenever I check the controller in Control Panel it's Status is OK and then when I go to the properties of the Game Pad all the buttons/D-pad respond perfectly. I don't have this problem with ANY USB gamepad that i've tried (i have tested madden with a Game Pad Pro and a Gravis Pad, both were USB). This is the only game that I play using the Game Pad, so I'm not sure whether or not its Madden, WinXP Pro, or the Game Pad itself.

If anyone has any ideas or can shed some light into this situation then that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

Try Compatibility Mode for Graphics (u choose in the splash screen) and it should go away. I had the same problem, I switched to a Gravis Gamepad Pro.

I have my SideWinder Game Pad Pro well connected to the USB Hub. The gamepad was working fine, but someday, i was playing Fifa 2005 and, "poof" stopped working, The computer does'nt recognize it has a gamepad... What can I do?

I use Windows XP,

Thanks.