Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dieu

WinXP Will Not Recognize Plextor 12/10/32 CD-RW

Question. I am running WinXP Pro and it will not recognize my SCSI Plextor 12/10/32 as a CD-RW. It will only recognize it as a standrad CD-ROM. Therefore, WinXP will not allow me to copy anything to my burner. If I install ECD Creator 5 or the ForceASPI layer, the same crap occures. The only way I can fix this is to completely reinstall the OS. There must me some .dll that overwrites the capability to use my CD-RW. Any suggestion?

Best regards,

DieU

Unless you've tried that before, i think that reinstalling the OS will not make any difference at all to your problem.

It sounds more like a SCSI problem rather than the XP capability to recognise the bestseller of Plextor.

Try to update your SCSI drivers and see what happens.Otherwise try to uninstall the CD from the device manager, reboot and see what happens again.

I had the same problem. My fix was to install the hotfix, uninstall the hotfix, the re-install the hotfix. Wierd, but it worked.

Also, before you do this, remove any Adaptec/Roxio/Nero software. The built-in Roxio DirectCD does not like them.

CloneCD is fine, as is some other "burning" stuff like Ulead MovieMaker, Sonic MyDVD3.

Well, this fixed it. Thank you. Intrestingly, if you unplug your CDRW, windows will not recognize it again as a CDRW UNLESS you remove the hotfix crap. Then upon reinstallation of the hotfix, it will re-recognize your CDRW. Very strange and very Microsoft....

Thanks guys....

Quote:

I had the same problem. My fix was to install the hotfix, uninstall the hotfix, the re-install the hotfix. Wierd, but it worked.

Also, before you do this, remove any Adaptec/Roxio/Nero software. The built-in Roxio DirectCD does not like them.

CloneCD is fine, as is some other "burning" stuff like Ulead MovieMaker, Sonic MyDVD3.

Could someone be so kind as to tell me the Q# of the hotfix please.

My SCSI cd burner was turned into a cd rom after installing Nero.

Just installed a brand new Liteon 24x writer and XP just sees it as a cd rom.

If this hotfix remove and install doesn't work a reinstall of the OS is imminent frown

Thanks! I hope that this works and I do have that one installed.

I uninstalled and both the drives show as writers w00t! Not going to reinstall that "hotfix"