Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
skel28

Zykon Virtual Twister Game Controller

Has anyone got this controller to work under Windows XP?

If so could you possibly give me some hints or point me in the direction of a driver for it.

Many Thanks

J

Are there any Windows 2000 or WDM driver on the CD?

no none at all, in fact when you check it on win98 with direct x diagnostic, it tells you it's a beta driver!! Great pad though shame about drivers.

Hi there!

Yes, I got this joypad, too. And yes, I got it running on WinXP Pro with the default driver which comes with the OS (6-button joystick with POV, thrust, paddles, ...).

But since this driver does only support the basic functions of the Zykon Virtual Twister, you can use the normal d-pad, 4 buttons (button 5+6 are instant fire of buttons 1+2), thrust, paddles and the coolie hat (= motion-sensor technology works fine) only. You cannot program any buttons since the software needed for that purpose is installed together with the Win9x driver and will likely not run on WinXP.

Also I noticed on Win98SE with DirectX 8.0 or greater that the Twister control-panel and activator keeps crashing. frown Note: this does only happen with DirectX 8.0 or greater; DirectX 7 works fine. Hope this helps.

Regards,

ACiD StOUt