Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ll majik ll

Speakers

Ok, I bought this computer with ME on it, about 3 weeks ago I put on XP Pro, about 2 days ago my Boston Acoustic Speakers (BA7500) Surround speakers are not giving sound. When they are on and I turn up the volume, a weird popping noise comes out of the surround speakers. I have reinstalled my drivers twice, when I do the speakers work for a little bit, then stop. What is my problem? What can I do? Thanks!! smile

OK

So...are you sure its the actual sound coming out of the computer thats doing this?

Have you tried hooking the speakers up to an external device such as a cd player or radio?

Or better yet a set of headphones to the front output jack of the sound card.

Does this work??

Quote:
Ok, I bought this computer with ME on it, about 3 weeks ago I put on XP Pro, about 2 days ago my Boston Acoustic Speakers (BA7500) Surround speakers are not giving sound.

This kinda makes me think that it could be the speakers (actually the amp on the unit) themselves.

If not, this could be a variety of reasons. My frined has a mobo with onboard lan and modem. When a power surge occurs, these devices are turned form disable in the bios, to enable, and conflicts with his soundcard, but Windows will just quietly disable the device.

Are there any problems/conflicts in the device manager section of 'System' under control panel???

Quote:
a weird popping noise comes out of the surround speakers

What kinda'popping' noise is it?

Is it constant? ie: can u hear a pattern?

If not this could simply be an electrical problem in your building (when I turn off my halogen bulb, my speakers re-produce a hum, and they even pop sometimes), esp if you are in an apt like me. Amplifiers can be very sensitive to noise, especially depending on their CMRR.

i fixed it. all i did was put the setting on 2 speakers, then back to 4. who knew

thanks for your time, i appreciate it

"What kinda'popping' noise is it?

Is it constant? ie: can u hear a pattern?

If not this could simply be an electrical problem in your building (when I turn off my halogen bulb, my speakers re-produce a hum, and they even pop sometimes), esp if you are in an apt like me. Amplifiers can be very sensitive to noise, especially depending on their CMRR."

AND THEN...the SOLUTION:

"i fixed it. all i did was put the setting on 2 speakers, then back to 4"

MUHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!

Sorry but it just looks retarded, lol.

I think it's a driver issue, when using two separate amps to create four channels the rear channel would go dead for some odd reason, rebooting, something. Setting it to two channels and back to four would make all four work again. Happened under Windows 2000 using the creative 2000/XP live drivers.