Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tomkul

How to prevent explorer from reading corrupted divx files

Hi folks

I've downloaded 400 MB divx file. I want to change it's name. I want to delete it, or move.

I can not..

Why?

Lovely xxplorer is reading the whole file again and again. What for?Generating index, thumbnail? Trying to fix?

I've turned off indexing, thumbs for this folder. I have tried everything. For nothing.

The only way to operate on this (partial = corrupted) file is to:

1. Kill explorer

2. Do it form command line or external file manager (win commander)

During this _reading_ explorer is allocating about 30 MB of RAM, HDD is working as hell.

How to get rid of this (probably by design, very inteligent...) behaviour?

rgrds

tko

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but i am guessing that your are accesing your file using MyComputer.If so, press on the icon "folders" to get rid of the web view on the left hand side of the explorer. Then previewing will not work, so once you click the item you can do whatever you want with it.

I've got loads of divx files and none is giving me trouble, unless the web view is on.

Try that and let me know(if i am right about your problem)

ah yes i have that problem all the time. its kinda annoying. it like doesn't let go sometimes. i have to literally log off and log back on and go into the command line to delete stuff.

sadly the best solution for this problem is clicking once on the file, waiting around 2 seconds, and then trying to rename/delete