Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lammypie

NEW Official VIA 4 in 1 Drivers 4.36v !!! Fixes infinite loo

New Official Via 4in1 drivers 4.36v available for download at www.viaarena.com

They include a 'silent' install of the patch to fix the 'infinite loop'error seen with XP and highperformance graphics cards.

It is a silent install so all you will see is that the INF driver is being updated, but it will install.

I've tested this patch and it works great. Haven't slipped up once since installing.

Highly Recommended smile

Nope ... still getting them. They seemed more frequent too. Reverted back to using 21.83

RandyC

I"m using XP with classic windows interface and so far it has not

locked up. normally locks up once per hour or so.

also it seems faster but that could be wishful thinking.

I went a couple hours with no problems, but last night I experienced the same lockups using 23.11 nvidia drivers. so now back to default XP drivers. ;(

Pfff.. The odd thing is I can play hours of OGL games with no problem. Its the Windows interface that eventually causes the freeze-up. Dag nabbit. WTF? I'm using classic, too.

Is the new 4-in-1 driver stable?

Last time i had "INACCESSABLE BOOT DEVICE" after 1 week or so mad

Disclaimer: You may have seen this post on ViaArena already.

WEll, let me clarify my previous post.. the 4.36 did not resolve the problem.

It just so happens that I was due for a hardware upgrade. Considering that I went out and purchased a Soyo SY-K7V DRagon Plus, Athlon XP 1700 and 256MB of PC2100 ram, I still expected to see some problems. Other hardware changes were I am using the built-in audio (strangely enough, it is excellent!) and the built-in LAN(no probz at all). So 2 cards less in my computer(NO PCI cards at all).

So far after 2 days of doing just about everything, no freezing up.

I didnt re-install XP. I just let it re-recognize stuff and it seems okay. I"m sure a new install is suggested but dont fix what aint brokeded.

My previous system was an abit kt7a-raid, 750mhz duron, 256mb of pc133 ram(micron).. and MX300 soundcrd, NIC..

So far so good. The 4.36 drivers are still installed, as I installed them before the upgrade I will assume that they are still in place.

Regards,

-k

I have run the 4.36 for quite a few days. It helped, but hasn't completely fixed the nv4_disp infinite loop.

i have a kt7a, gf2 pro and sblive,

and have never experienced this so called infinate loop.

with all the drivers combinations (am i immune? )

4.36 and 4.36a didn't fix $hit...sorry to say that, but that's the truth.

I don't use 4-in-1s, none of the XP updates and as video drivers I have the old 12.90s. No issues whatsoever, except an IRQ_NOT_LESS Bsod last night when I tried to maximize the IE window (?!!?!).

I don't want to ramble on again about VIA/Nvidia/Microsoft issues smile

My next buy is definately NOT going to be a VIA chipset, most likely the new DDR solution from Intel. The P4 is gonna go down in price too in a couple of months, so it looks good.

Off the subject, but did anyone hear of issues with ATI cards and Intel mobos?

i've never experienced this problem with my Asus A7V133. i'm guessing it's because the motherboard has already been patched by the company via one of the BIOS updates or other methods. according to the author, who wrote the pci latency patch, some motherboards already contain the patch.

Hi

For what its worth. I recieved a response from my card manufacturer to this prob. Among the usual stuff was " disable Write Combining", which was the only new thing I hadnt tried. Maybe this will help some body. Will post whole thing if anybody wants to read it.

In the end I did not need to do any it as it all sorted itself with the 23.10/11 drivers.