Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FearCourage

Supermicro P6DGS SCSI Compatibility

Has anyone had or heard of any problems running windows 2k under the onboard SCSI provided with this motherboard? I believe its the Adaptec AIC-7895 or AIC-7890.

I've had no problems with my Supermicro P6DBS (7895 chipset) - basically the same board with BX instead of GX chipset.

I've used all the 2.x BIOS revisions (currently on 2.2) and in every instance - whether IDE or SCSI - installing W2K has just worked.

Through 2099, 2031, 2072, 2114 and 2128, one CPU or two, never a problem.

FWIW, I have a Seagate Cheetah 4Gb and Fuji9G U-SCSI on one SCSI channel, and a Tosh 32x CD, Yamaha 4416 CDR/RW and ZIP on the other.

Everything works, all the time.

Adaptec ROCKS!

(sorry)

That is excellent to hear. I have gotten absolutely no help from Adaptec, but oh well, it works. BTW, the system that I am building by the end of November will be a dual PIII 600Mhz system (With the SuperMicro Board) with 256Mb PC-100 Ram, Iilayma Visionmaster Pro 450 19inch monitor, 9.1 Gb Ultra-Wide SCSI HD on my 62-pin port with a Pioneer 303S DVD Rom drive & decoder card, 25GB EIDE HD for storage, Voodoo3 3500 AGP, Soundblaster Live, and some other goodies I haven't figured out yet...

FWIW, I'm running with an SB Live, TNT, and VooDoo2 SLI, on a Compaq TFT8000 (18" LCD on eval) too.

Everything works !!!

Wow, 18" LCD? That's pretty expensive hardware.. Looks like so far, that Win2k is going to be pretty solid... Hey, what type of PC-100 SDRAM are you using? I want to get the kind that will work the best without problems in my motherboard. I use http://www.pricewatch.com to find the best prices on stuff...

The LCD panel runs about three grand, if you have to pay for them. I've got two on eval, and one ended up in my apartment when we moved office.

As regards RAM, I have 3*128 and 1*64 in the machine. Ordered through priceWatch companies - found the cheapest, and placed the orders. . .

I could find out what brand it is, but I'd have to down the machine, and that would impact my RC5DES keyrate (Team 2CPU - www.2cpu.com)