Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Zamarocy

System Error (102)????

I keep getting this every time I reboot. I keep sending the report int too. But when I go into event viewer, then to the MS Website to see what this error means, it always says "Sorry, can not answer this". Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Event Type: Error

Event Source: System Error

Event Category: (102)

Event ID: 1003

Date: 12/3/2001

Time: 1:29:56 PM

User: N/A

Computer: XXXXXXXX

Description:

Error code 0000000a, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804f1a9e.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E

0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er

0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code

0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 0000000

0020: 61 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d a Param

0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00

0030: 30 30 30 30 30 34 2c 20 000004,

0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 32 00000002

0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000

0048: 30 30 2c 20 38 30 34 66 00, 804f

0050: 31 61 39 65 1a9e

• Like 1

I guess the best thing to do, is send it off to MicroSquash every time it happens (which is every boot now), and hope that we send them enough of these for them to FIX it, or at least tell us what it is . . . .

do you have a geforce 3? because me and a friend both have p4s and geforce3s and have the same error.

Yes, I have the Elsa Galdiac 920. But I don't think it is that. Otherwise the video would not work at all. I think it still has to do with the damn soundcards. Only other thing could be Norton A/V????

Yes, I have both Norton, and the Santa Cruz. But am taking the SC out, sadly, cause I need the $$$ for gifts for Christmas, so am putting the damn Live! X-Gamer back in. So far, no IRQ blah blah blah yet, . . . . but I did just do one thing. I stopped Black Ice from loading at startup, and NO ERROR! Guess I have to go to Zone Alarm, but I hate that one cause of all the hassles it gives me in online games frown

Ok, I tried VERIFIER, and got a few BSOD screens. First was the CL joystick port SYS driver. I seemed to get that taken care of. Next was a vscomm12.sys driver, which is a serial port driver for VitalSigns newer program like the old NetMedic that I use to measure my DSL throughput. Renamed that and went on some more. Now, it actually gets to the desktop, but I THINK when it goes to load Norton A/V, I get another BSOD that says something about going out of memory boundries, and possibly something to do with driver syncronizations. It had a STOP error code of 0X0000000CD

Boy, ISN'T THIS FUN FOLKS?????? NOT!!!!!!!!! All I want to do after a full day of fixing other's computers at work, is to go home, turn mine on (WITHOUT ANY ERRORS!!!!!!!), and play some games or get on some paintball forums/newsgroups. But does MS allow me to do that? HELL NO! Oh I WISH that there was another OS that I could play the D3D games on! I'd dump MS in a flash!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

* Searching around Technet & MS Knowledgebase is a big help, & your HELP & SUPPORT app you have in XP? That's your doorway to that from one easy spot!

tried it, no help at all...

actually i did find it on MS knowledgebase, but the solutions are very general and only apply to the error if it occurs during the installation of windows, or after installing new hardware.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q165863

this is the knowledge base article on the error. all it says to do is remove new hardware, and/or remove hardware one by one until the problem is gone. all of my hardware is fully xp certified though and came wiht my comp. i also disabled devices and made clean formats and installs of xp. me and my friend have the same exact error at random times. the only things we have in common are that we have pentium 4s, geforce3s and some of the same software and games. blackice may be the problem though as mentioned before, but i still get the system errors on startup. norton doesnt seem to be the problem either.

Well, since I ran verifier, and got renamed vscomm12.sys, fixed the CL joystick port driver, and removed Black Ice and went to Zone Alarm, I seem to have no problems at boot now! But I am still just waiting for the next IRQ_LESS_THAN . . . . . .

Nope, everything was already on my system when I installed XP. I had Win2K up and running without any of these problems with the GF3 and all, even the Live! card. But W2K was on my IBM ATA/100 drive, I shoved the old reliable Adaptec 2940UW and my 10K RPM WD91 SCSI drive in for the XP install, and put it there. So XP was done from scratch. Only NON MS drivers are the NV video ones, and the Norton, Black Ice, VitalAgentIT (the newer NetMedic bandwidth monitor), now Zone Alarm, and Nero software. I am using a GENUINE Intel D815EEA mobo (so NO VIA problems there) with a PIII 933, and 512 megs of PC133 Mushkin ram. Oh, the the GF3 is the Elsa Gladiac 920.

Only other goodies I installed, are games - Ghost Recon, AvP2, Operation Flashpoint, Powertoys, Window Blinds (but removed it), GamesSpy, MS Plus! XP, and the Intel Applications Accelerator (the newer IDE drivers).

Guess I did not say things right. I uninstalled Black Ice to install Zone. So far it seems to work ok. Nero seems to be behaving, probably much better than EZ would. VitaAgentIT is a nifty little monitor I use to see what my iDSL speeds are up to. Sadly, I can not seem to find anything in XP (like the old NT or 98 monitors) to do the same. The one files, vcomm12.sys file that was giving problems to verifier was for the serial port part of Vital. I just renamed it, and verifier went past it. But, as I said, I get that memory out of bounds and possible driver synch error with verifier on, so I stopped using it and so far no problems yet (FINGERS CROSSED). But I DO think, that I got the verifier BSOD when Norton was starting to load, so suspect that big time!!!! But Norton is waaaaaay better than McACrap, and sadly is a neccessary evil! Already saved my *** from a few e-mails!

yeah i uninstalled black ice last night and i think i had one blue screen right after that, but since then nothing all day, which is amazing. but if i go to the event viewer everytime i restart it still shows a save dump because of the 0x0a bugcheck. strange.

Notice though - he said he did the ROXIO patch. He MIGHT be using EZ at the same time, which probably could be causing conflicts. So far I have not had Nero give me a problem, I even use its DRIVESPEED appelate.

Yes, that is the one, by Lucent who bought them out. But don't know if you can find it anymore. If not, I can send you mine. It was FREE as long as you were not a company. But its a 1.9MEG EXE file. Drop me a mail if you do . . .