Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shassouneh

How to change Internet Explorer's timeout settings?

Hi All, this pertains to Windows 2000 and XP (IE 5.0 or later). [XP uses IE 6.0]

How can we change the time out settings for IE? For instance, since I'm on a crappy network, IE returns a "page not found / cannot find server" page whenever I try to upload some file becaus ethe upload time times out! I KNOW the server is there and running, so I just need to edit IE's timout settings. Any hints anyone?

Agin, this pertians to Win2k/XP.

Hmm, that's going a little too fast for me. I think i better wait till they improve the internet a bit here. It only recently (oday) started to time out on me while uploading.. Oh well. Life beihnd a college network. Like a virtual prison. a 28.8 modem conection is more honorable! ;-)

Cool. Thanx for your comments. Its definately a confidence boost. btw, I'm a Junior and my major IS Computer Science. It may as well be called semi-computer engineering since we do soooooooo much math, physics and other stuff too! I'll be minoring in math and physics by the time i get done (if ever), LOL.

I need to figure out this networking business. I aso need to figure out Linux. Yes, I absolutely hate linux and think its a retard OS (right now at least), but I know I'm "expected" to know all about it when i apply for a job!

I am considering starting off building a domain or a small Windows 2000 server. Of coarse, this means having to learn the innner workings of Active Directory and what its all about, eww. I tried messing with that earlier to little or no avail.

Btw, I really do appreciate yo answering to my posts. You, clutch and the gang make this place a GREAT hangout for WIndows NT fans and lovers alike! Keep it up guys. Maybe someday I'll move up the hierarchy level and start helping people too, once I pick up a little more experience. I know a lot about win9x/Me but not NT/Linux at least not YET).

Anyways, I'll let you guys know of my progress on the server. I'm looking forward to this upcoming xmas break, it'll be a great time to do some serious reading!!!