Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
billm

IRQ problem with firewire video capture on K7VZA MB

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. I just helped a friend build a machine from parts and it all worked great until he tried video editing (the whole reason he bought the machine).

THe computer is an ECS K7VZA mb with Athlon 1ghz processor and 768mb and 60gig HD. It has a generic firewire card, an nVidia GeForce Pro 64 video card and a linksys 10/100 lan card. I installed Windows XP pro on the machine. Adobe Premiere is the editing software.

Everything on this machine just screams, including digital video capture. However, if the digital video camera is left connected (SOny TRV-310) while Premiere is used to edit, the whole machine slows to a crawl-- mouse movement, etc. If I close the program, disconnect the camera and then restart the program after the initial video capture everything is great.

However, here's the real problem-- when I reconnect the camera and try to send the video back to the camera the same thing happens-- the machine slows down and no video is sent.

I am guessing that this may be an IRQ conflict. The GeForce card is in the first slot and the firewire card is in the 4th I think.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bill McLaughlin

Not sure, but my guess is that's it's driver related. An IRQ conflict, most likely not. Yes, you will see a ton of devices on one IRQ, but that is NOT a problem 99% sure.;)