Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeRunner

Folks, your thoughts on XP "Error Reporting" servi

I always send in those error reports because I too feel that the more MS hears about an issue the more chances there are of it being fixed in a SP.

There was the issue along the lines of 'If Word crashes, then the dump file you send to MS can contain the document you were working on at the time of the crash' - potential security hole, but hell I'm sure MS really don't care what the file contains, unless it was a Sun employer who sent the crash report smile

There are of course those that feel it's MS spying on you, but those paranoid people really shouldn't own a cable/ADSL/modem and should lock their PC's up where nobody can get to them.

I was a real fan of it, but as of late I have been turning it off. And you know what, IE doesn't seem to be crashing as much anymore. Yeah, I know, it sounds wierd and it wasn't like IE crashed a lot anyway, but when it did I got tired of constantly sending the reports in. The only system that I keep it running on is my work one since I am using beta service packs of SQL on it, and it would only make sense to send those reports in.

lol the only time I get those is when my C++ program crashed. I doubt Microsoft will fix my homework for me =)