Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JMD

driver help needed

Hello.

I posted this on the 3dlabs site but thay wern't much help. There solution was to format my drive and reinstall NT.

Anyway this is the problem.

When I try to install their drivers I get an error. The drivers could not be installed you may not have permision to install new drivers.

I have full Administrator privelages on my system.

(I even created another admin account on my computer but it still didn't work)

I had the same problem when trying do upgrade mt Matrox drivers only it just gave me a failed message.

I could istall the older drivers for my Matrox but not the new one.

I reaaly would like to get this Oxygen drives installed with out formatting my drive.

Im running NT 4.0 SP6A

Thanks in advance

Joe

Hi Alec

1.) Run Regedt32.exe/regedit.exe & find out from them (the makers of this program) WHERE & WHAT KEYS AND HIVES in the registry need YOU SPECIFICALLY (your admin user you logon as) need to assign yourself rights to!

When you say find out from the makers.....do you mean 3dlabs themselves??

also im runing NTSF

Can you tell me how to assign myself rights for everything your suggesting.....please keep in mind im not that great at computers.

thanks so much.

Joe

Many thanks AlecStaar for taking the time to answer my post.

I posted the info on there site and hope to here from them soon. Although I have been less than impressed by their support so far.

Regards

Joe

Hay Alic your not that far from me lol Im just north of Toronto you want to come over and fix this thing. 2 cases of good Canadian beer and gas money lol.

Cheers:D

Sorry to here about your knee. Hope you’re up and about soon.

LOL Glad you enjoyed the ballet.

I have been all over your beautiful country, and state. Been every were except Alaska, lol and I’m ok with that lol .

I drove for Schneider National for 2 years and that was all I need to get my butt back to school lol. I headed back at 38 years of age and hope to graduate in a year’s time for Mechanical Engineering. That’s why I need the drivers and graphics card installed. Cad files are getting to big for the old Matrox to handle lol.

Anyway if worse comes to worse I will back up as much as I can and get someone to reinstall NT for me.

Cheers

Hi Alec.

Thanks again for your help.

I must admite lol Im not exactly sure on how to execut your instuctions.

Im not sure what a hive is

And what this means

* They can be made to cascade down thru all their components from the root to their last folder elements & entries... Top Down all the way thru!

(Simple easy way to do it... all at once wholesale, for the username you are concerned with, should work JUST fine assuming my guess here is correct... & I think it is judging from the error message you stated above!)

Cheers

smilesmileconfusedconfused