Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
neuralfx

Sblive 5.1

I know there has been a few posts on it, Ive read them, still at a loss really. I just installed Win2k on my machine that has an XGamer5.1, well first i went to download drivers from creative's site, which wasnt fun, i finally found some that looked to be what i wanted. Well, they installed and i can get 2 speakers and the sub, but i want to get the full 4.1 sound that I got in 9x, (5.1 just wont work period, unless with a dvd correct?), I went to control panel and changed the "speaker setup" properties to "5.1 speaker system". I also downloaded "unofficial" drivers i guess from one of the posts on here .. Well if anyone has any idea how i can get all my speakers to work in win2k, I'd really appreciate it .. i dont mind the eax thing, i just want the 5.1 .. thanx

-neural

[edit] just wanted to clarify, I only get sound out of the front 2 speakers, i get nothing out of the other 3, I just want the sound to be like it was in 9x on this machine, if possible, mp3's suck with 2 speakers heh [/edit]

had exactly the same problem.....the solution i found is, to install the drivers for the 5.1 SB Live series from creative's site (driver version in the device manager 3512.0.0.0)....and all of a sudden i had 4.1 sound alright!

...keep in mind that u still need to have quadrophonic speakers in the control panel/Sound & Audio Devices...try that and post the result...

hey thanks for the quick reply, can you give me a link to this 3512 driver? I have gotten all 3 of the ones i see of the creative site for the Sblive 5.1 for Win2k, one of them was worthless really, it kept asking me for the location of different files, which i didnt have, so i had to download them off various places, and in the end it didnt work, and it didnt report a version number in device manager, i think i may have had 3509 once.. i dunno, i'd appreciate it if you could send a link .. thanks

-neural

ok i found this like 5.12.1.3512 from a link off this site, to some french site called station drivers http://www.fdrsoft.fr.fm/ they had this 60meg zip, that supposedly had these drivers, well i go through the installer for it, but it never install the drivers, i cant point device manager, this is the only one where the installer doesnt work at all .. i mean it finishes, but i dont know where it puts the inf of the drivers or what, .. ugh it really shouldnt be this much of a thing to get the card to work in 2k i wouldnt think ... well thanks in advance ..

[edit] Ok, I installed off the original CD, i installed EVERYTHING, all that LiveWare stuff, which i dont want, and it works now, i get my 5.1 .. I guess the preset thing fixed it, my question now is, Can I get this to work WITHOUT installing any of the LiveWare stuff? its kinda bloatware, is it a registry thing? [/edit]

sorry to be so late to respond, I was out all day. To be honest, this has been the only way (the 60Mb file) for me to get 4.1 sound. Windows update has another driver update for the SB, I let it install it and guess what, only stereo sound...oh crap frown ..that was over 2 weeks ago. I had to reinstall the 60Mb Liveware setup to get my rear speakers back! Did you succeed in having 4.1 sound?

sorry, I forgot to mention that the Windows Update Driver for the Creative SB (the one that crippled my rear speakers) is version 5.1.2601.0 .

Hats off to creative and their continuing support to all creative soundcard owners :P

ya, im going to do a reinstall (all those creative reinstalls and all) and i think i will jus go ahead and install the "Speaker Preset Setup", looks like it fixes the problem, for some reason it looks like, the "5.1 speaker setup" doesnt get enabled through control panel, and maybe that Speaker Preset Setup, adds an entry to the registry or something, well thanks for your help .. this is a pretty cool board, thanks ..

-neural

I know I used to get true Digital sound when I played a DVD in my system. I'm using a SB Live 5.1 Platinum and the Creative DTT-3500 speaker system. When playing a DVD, the "Digital" light would light up on my speaker console. I know I have upgraded the drivers from creative's site or Fdrsoft at some point, which may have screwed up my settings. The only way I can get all speakers and center channel to work is to use the Optical or SPDIF input, along with the Digital DIN (at this point I have all three inputs connected). I select Optical or SPDIF on the speaker console, and also select "Multichannel" with the Digital Din selected. At this setting all 5 speakers work. Whats strange is that they used to work only by using one input.

I'll uninstall everything and try to install the drivers and software off the CD again. Really strange.