Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Aquanox crashes to the desktop

I just picked up Aquanox, and while it's faster than the demo it still has the demo's problem of crashing to the desktop when loading levels. Has anyone else seen this? Here's what I have:

WinXP Pro

P3 933@1085, 1.75v (155x7, runs at 29*C at idle, and 41*C while gaming)

Vantec CCK-7035D HSF

ASUS CUSL2 i815

512MB Crucial CAS2 PC133 RAM

WD 40GB ATA-100 HD

Samsung 5x DVD/32x CD Drive

Hercules Geforce 2 Pro, 64MB (Detonator 21.81)

Creative Audigy Platinum with Audigy Drive

Intel Pro/100 Mgmt Adapter

Radius 19" Monitor (Trinitron AG CRT)

MS Natural Keyboard Pro

MS Intellimouse Explorer

The game runs really well, and I have been using only 800x600x32 right now. I have tried running it in compatibility mode for Win98/ME but the problem remains. I do have to say that this is a sweet game, except for the crashing and stuff...

wink

Scratch that, it turns out they have the bug under control and it turns out to be an issue with the OS rather than the game itself. Either way, the game still kicks a$$!

Hey!

Where did you guys get the game from. I was unable to find it.

ARC

You can get the demo from www.aquanox.de. Currently, there is a bug in the way certain WinXP/2K installs deal with a large number of files being open and the way Aquanox handles files during mission loads. If you PC has this problem, it will show itself in the demo as well as the full version. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

As for where I got the full version at, I went to Best Buy and Circuit City but neither of them had it, so I went to EB and there it was. If you liked Descent/Forsaken and really like simpler arcade style action, then you will probably dig this.

If you want to check out their forums, go here:

http://62.50.36.10:8081/cgi-bin/ubb_e//ultimatebb.cgi