Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tylau

Off Topic? How to stop those annoying pop-under ad. windows?

Hope this is not off topic. I still havent figure out how to block those pop-unders, I have try explicitly defining rules to try blocking in personal irewall such as norton but fails; seems that they have not a fixed IP address. Please input your thinking, thanks.confused

Still downloading, but I have tried pop-up stopper 2.6 and winwash, still no luck, the hardest one to KILL is traffichome!? ;p

Ai @ Naviscope.

A superb proggie.

Actually Alec, any chance you can make it 'better' compatible with I.E 6.0?

I have stayed with IE 5.5 because graphics would not dl with NAvi and IE 6.0.

Just wondering smile

I checked out the settings (in W2k) and found nothing that relates to graphics.

I'll have another mess in XP.

Cheers

Hey Alec,

Yeah, when I said I checked the settings in W2k, I meant the settings in naviscope.

I have since found out what the prob is, it is NAV Firewall.

Cheers

Nope, I think its to do with the javascript settings, that you can tinker with in NAV Firewall.

If you turn off javascript in your internet settings under tools you will no longer get pop-ups, but you don't want to do that because you will miss other stuff. Why the World Wide Web Consortium continues to tolerate the pop-up BS is beyond me. I have tried all the programs mentioned above, but the only one I've found that really works for me is called POW!, by analog-x. Try it here http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm