Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

IBM Deskstar 75GXP 45 gig 7200rpm under XP on a Epox 8K7A, H

I know when i had the HD on my Abit BE6 which used the HPT366 chipset I had to use the crappy 1.28beta drivers because of problems with the IBM drivers. Will this still be a problem on my new mobo?

There seems to be a problem with the 75GXP series of drives from IBM. Hope you're not affected smile

I have a BE6 also. When I tried to upgrade to XP it spit out a report saying the Highpoint HPT366 controller PROHIBITS me from upgrading. i think I'm gonna have to buy a new mobo and processor setup. AAARRRG!!

no the trick is to put the HDs on the udma-33 ports till XP is installed and then switch them to the udma-66 and XP will install highpoint drivers smile

PR-Man:

I did what you suggested and was still unable to upgrade my Win98 SE system. The system kept finding the HPT controller every time no matter where I had the HDD connected. I was, however, able to install to my D: partition.

Since I was able to install to a separate partition on the same system shouldn't I have been able to upgrade my main Win98 SE c: partition?

Somewhat confused,