Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Best Anti-virus to use?

Also anyone know how to make NAV Corporate edition intergrate into Outlook Express? Or is it on Outlook and MS exchange?

don't use outlook express but i know that corp edition 7.6 works great with winxp/officexp I would highly recomend it as it is the best virus scanner i have ever use

I know that when you install NAV (not corporate...) is asks you wether you want your e-mail accounts protected or not (OE Express, I don't use any other) and indeed changes the pop and smtp addresses in the accounts' settings. Hope this helps...

Why not try, and buy, AVP (Kaspersky Labs), it is the best for me, particularly with emergency floppies (the first floppy is an image of a Linux system, thus running it afterwards) to eradicate viruses already at work on a given machine,also a perfect "alltime / any file activity" watcher !!! And in my opinion not very demanding as for the ressources as a service; but very cpu intensive and heating when hdd scanning, I must mention, but does anyone has to do anything else while scanning ? That's the question.

I swear by norton corporate 7.5.

I'm so sick of cleaning up the mess McAfee leaves on the college's PC's. I think they use the same programmers that Via does...

i tried AVP and it was the only anti-virus program that took so much of my systems resources everytime i opened a folder. also it has an annoying habit of scanning all the contents of the folder that i try to open so i end up waiting for around 30seconds until it finishes, its even worst when it's a large folder, so i can do my work.

another problem with AVP is that it has a very aggravating way of trying to protect your files in real-time: when first testing AVP i used a test virus (eicar) that was zipped inside a certain folder, when i opened this folder a message comes up saying AVP has found a virus and i choose to disinfect it but gave me an error that it couldn't and just closes the message box. I opened this folder again and the same message pops up telling me it has found a virus so i choose the option to delete it but it gave me an error and closes the folder. After that whenever i tried accessing that folder the message comes up again and again and it still couldn't get rid of the file. even when trying to delete that file- it says i wan't allowed because it is infected. i uninstalled AVP to preserve my sanity.

I don't agree with you Bobbinbrisco, AVP does not take much ressources on any machine I run at work nor on mine at home, my pc behaves as if AVP wasn't doing its job, just as if because, AVP does work all the time !!

Another point: you can't delete a file (it occured for me with e-mails)? Just disable the protection for a second and do what you think is correct, or open a command line and do the same the old way...

That's all folks !...