Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joshtech

Easy CD Creator in XP having probs

hey all, I am using EasyCD Creator 5.2b and for some odd reason when I go to burn a CD I get about 4-5% done and it freezes, crashes my burner nd the software. I don't get any error messeges the burner just stops writing and starts reading and freezes...

I have had this problem before with WinXP, I was also using Fireburner and Nero I solved the problem at that time by running my burner at 8x rather then 12x, and I tried that this time and it doesn't seem to releave the problem. I thought MS fixed this "known" problem in a hotfix but obviously not frown

I have tried formatting/reinstalling several times with all different software configs, I tried using different IDE connectors, and cables I tried dissabling the DMA and enabling it the only things that haven't changed is well XP and my burner.

I think I've gone threw about 15 or so CD's trying to troubleshoot this prob. unfortunately... It's Back...

BTW my burner is a Light-on 12101B(12x10x40)

thanks for any help you ppl can give.

I think I read on the NTC front page recently that Roxio have released a new patch that addresses problems with EZCD & WinXP. Have you tried installing this?

AndyF

You have to follow Roxio's instructions to install the patch. Off the top of my head, I believe you are going to have unistall E CD Creator and re-install it again, when prompted to reboot click on "NO" install patch before doing anything else and then re-boot.

Things should return back to normal.

Cheers,

Oh, yes, of course - Roxio wouldn't consider writing patches that install themselves easily, would they?!!! ;(

Personally, I've givem up with EZ-CD, using Nero now, and not a coaster in sight!

Rgds

AndyF

Ditto here; used Nero 5551 for the first time, great stuff.

However, I tend to use XP's built-in burning tools, making heavy use of the unreleased PowerToy ISO recorder-one step right-click on any ISO...very slick smile

first off, thanks for replying!

second I am using the updated version of EasyCD creator, but I did not, not reboot before I installed the patch so that may be the prob.

next just want to remind you ppl that I also had this prob with serveral burning programs not just easyCD creator, but I haven't tried any lately, I'll probably do another reinstall of XP since my step-sisters decided to download a few nimda viri for me to play with >:(

and to top it off the virus some how infected my router so no net connection for my other comps, and I'm with out a firewall till I can clean out the router(has builtin NAT firewall)

Looking at this post, it looks like there may be 2 patches to apply for XP.

As far as other burning progs go, try the latest versions, e.g. Nero 5551 is the only version that's been written to work in XP.

Nimda is such a horrible virus - we were infected at work, and it took me a whole day to clean everything out. The accepted way of getting rid of Nimda is to format and reinstall, but that's not so easy to do in a business environment. I'm surprised your router got infected though - that would imply it's running Windows and/or IIS?

Glad we could help!

AndyF

Quote:

I'm surprised your router got infected though
Me too! I did not think a router could get infected with Nimda. Lets, us know how you made out.

Good Luck

I'm not sure that my router was infected with nimda.. but more like hacked code... but everything worked after I reinstalled the firmware for the router.

BTW I installed Nero.... and it works great. thanks everyone!

There are two causes that I know of why burning programs fail under XP. One is the missing ASPI layer, but as you can burn upto 4%, then you must have that ok.. the next one is that XPs built-in burning capability screws up 3rd party software.

SO. Try disabling that. Goto My Computer, right-click on your burner, goto the Recording tab and disable it.

Try that.

easy cd creator is the worst program on the face of this earth, im sorry but that program needs to die or something. Ive used nero and cdrwin and haven't had a coaster in over 100 burns if not more. I used up a spindle and a half without a coaster using those programs. I try ez cd creator and right off the bat i get a coaster.

ROFL

same here for nero

can u run 3dmark or anything else that both uses hd n cpu at max n continue burning cd ?

with easy cd I do, never under buffer problems or such

but with nero there is always possibility to run under buffer

a example,

prime95 running,

media player playing mp3s

diskkeper running on partition E

3dmark2001 running

and cd burns ok

I never get near to that stability with nero

but who knows , probably it all depends on hardware n writer

Quote:

easy cd creator is the worst program on the face of this earth, im sorry but that program needs to die or something. Ive used nero and cdrwin and haven't had a coaster in over 100 burns if not more. I used up a spindle and a half without a coaster using those programs. I try ez cd creator and right off the bat i get a coaster.

I am using ECDC since Version 3.5. In over 300 burns with CD-Rs from Teac and Plextor (all SCSI) I had no coasters. Running Nero 5.x (latest update) for the first time and I had 3 coasters. Now I am back to ECDC 5.02b and Win 98SE. On my second PC I am using XP Home and WinOnCD 5 with Samsung SW-216B (ATAPI).

Isn't Easy CD Creator the one that burns only coasters if you give it an invalidated serial number? Not that I'm suggesting that anyone here is using an illegal copy or anything...

I tried to re-install this on my computer (P4 2.0 Gig) after

upgrading to Windows XP. I get a message that the drivers will cause

the system to be unstable. I have tried everything I know to remove

the drivers to eliminate this error message but no luck.

I have uninstalled from the disk, from the control panel and even

done a master uninstall from the Adaptec CD but the message persists.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Sandy Meyersfield