Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Opinions on the EPOX EP-8K7A

I don't know honestly, but I will give ya a tip: delete this thread or the other one ya got up. Clutch will crack down on this. *hint hint* just delete your post.;)

Dunno about that one...I got the Epox 8KHA, and it rockz. Rock stable, good for O/Cing but never tried it smile

The new rev., the KHA+ is supposed to be even better, it has some memory bandwidth improvements due to the new chipset KT266A

I may have to try Epox the next time I do a mobo upgrade, but as my A7V is running soooo well, I'll hang tight (watch me buy a new mobo next week ;( )

Hopefully the local shops will get a hold of them and Iwill. I've heard very good things about both, especially Epox, and as a reviewer, would like to get my hands on anything anybody will send me.:D

I've had my 8K7A+ for a while now, and it's the best board I've used so far. My next board is gonna be another Epox, hopefully that nice new dual board they have in the pipeline laugh

Crack down on what!? Getting opinions from a message board? Oh god forbid!!!

BTW I have an 8k7a and it rocks. Upgraded from an A7V that froze like a mother. This Motherboard is rock solid and alot faster then that POS A7V was... And the 8k7a uses the AMD chipset so Creatives crappy Live sound cards don't crackle all the time as they do with the Via chipsets.

Sorry to disappoint you JBrave715, but you still have a Via component on your mobo. The Epox 8K7A is a hybrid chipset, AMD761 Northbridge + VIA686B Southbridge...The VIA bridge is however a second revision (hence the B), they claim to have fixed the VIA+Creative bug. (involves the IDE channels actually, that's why the southbridge is hit).

The 8KHA+ is a kickass board, pure KT266A chipset, better memory performance. This is what the DDR platform was ment to be.

Sorry to disappoint you JBrave715, but you still have a Via component on your mobo. >>

You didn't dissapoint me. I am already awhare of that. However I am not positive of the reason why the crackling is greatly reduced from past Motherboards with chipsets that entirely consists of a via cheapset.

<<The VIA bridge is however a second revision (hence the B), they claim to have fixed the VIA+Creative bug.>>

It's fixed for the most part but still get's crackling here and there.