Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Myra Sands

Lego Creator

Hi!

Question: I have problems starting the Lego Creator on Windows XP. Whenever i start the game, I got a popup-box

"not supported under Windows NT"

This is true, if I try the compatibility mode.

What can I do?

Myra

Call the publisher or developers and ***** at them for doing such an idiotic thing. All you can hope is they release a patch to address their idiotic actions.

Quote:

Couldnt have said it better myself.

What about "run in compatibility mode"?

mad Sorry. No chance. There are no differences in running in compatibility mode or not.

Myra

Any luck with this yet?

Compatibility mode does not work for me either. I also e-mailed Lego. They were no help - just said that Lego Creator was not supported for XP, but I should try compatibility mode.

Thanks,

Russ

Hi!

No, sorry. It doesn't work at all.

I suppose, the program would work as well as Lego Island, which should not run at Win NT/2000/XP either. But the Creator has a very unlucky detection of the OS. Whet it detects the 'NT' it breaks off.

I am very sorry, Lego doesn't provides a patch. I don't think it would be a problem. Just removing the detection would help.

Myra

And how would you remove the detection? I got the game when it just came out and I hardly ever played it because the computers were slower back then. But now I felt like playing it and now I can't play it. I am not going to install Windows 95 'cos then I can't play other, newer games. Isn't there a solution? Those LEGO people should really make a patch. It cost me a lot of money back then.

i just installed the VMware trial which for thoose of you that dont know is a program with allows you to install an os within the program and it allocates it mem and harddisk space, so it fuctions as a completly independent os, anyway, i simple install win98 in VMware and installed lego creator onto that, now im enjoying all the lego glory.

pityy this VMware wants me to pay for it soon