Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ConQueso

Best Win2000 Compatible Multiplayer games

I'd like to know what games compatable with Win2000 also make good multiplayer games across LAN games.

So how about everone posts there favorites with a 1-10 ranking

Maybe after enough posts, I'll average all the scores... Bascially, i just want an Idea what W2K LAN games rock. So, my ratings (the ratings only appliest to the how well the game handles itself in multiplayer over a LAN.) are as follows:

Unreal Tournament (with good mods, usermade maps, user made skins/voicepacks, with Infiltration, yadda yadda ya.)

Revolt Demo

System Scock 2 (though this game should be finished ALONE the first time through) 9

How would you rate your favorite W2K LAN games?

Quote:

System Scock 2 (though this game should be finished ALONE the first time through) 9

Umm, was that a spinoff of a p0rn movie? wink

Anyway, I would have to say...

Q3A (any variant) 9
UT (any variant) 8 (not so much for LAN play, but that the game is more CPU dependant than anything else)
Forsaken (what is that? :D) 10

All I'm asking for is everyones favorite MULTIPLAYER over LAN (Compatible with Win2000) game, with a rating (1-10): Excluding single player quality, and internet play quality. So this thread could serve as a basis for those wondering what games are best for LAN MULTIPLAY. If the thread gets huge, I'll post the games with there ratings averaged, if such a thread already exists, please point me to it.

Thanks.

MS Hearts: 2

Quake 3 (+ Rocket arena 3): 8

Rogue Spear: 8

Serious Sam: 8

Starcraft Broodwar: 10

Star Trek Armada: 6

That's about it.

Tribes 2 and Diablo 2 I play online only.

I'd rank Starcraft an 8. so so far here are the rankings

averages in []'s

Unreal Tournament: 10/8 [9]

System Shock 2: 9 [9]

Re-Volt Demo: 7 [7]

Quake ]I[: Arena

I'd rank Starcraft an 8 (which is a good score considering I'm not much of an RTS fan)

So far here are the Windows 2000 compatible LAN MULTIPLAYER game rankings (on a scale of 1 to 10)

averages in []'s

Forsaken 10 [10]

Unreal Tournament: 10/8 [9]

Starcraft Broodwar: 10/8 [9]

Quake ]I[: Arena 9/8 [8.5]

Rogue Spear: 8 [8]

Serious Sam: 8 [8]

Star Trek Armada: 6 [6]

MS Hearts: 2 [2]

any one have any opinions on these games or Star Wars 1: Racer, X-wing Alliance, or any other games? (rating only in a LAN MULTIPLAYER context PLEASE) Please post them. I'll update the averages periodically.

So far here are the Windows 2000 compatible LAN MULTIPLAYER game rankings (on a scale of 1 to 10)

averages in []'s

Forsaken: 10 [10]

Quake ]I[ Arena: 9/8/10 [9]

Serious Sam: 8/6 [7]

Unreal Tournament: 10/8/7 [8.3]

anyone have any opinions on these games, Star Wars 1: Racer, X-wing Alliance, or any other games? (rating only in a LAN MULTIPLAYER context PLEASE) Please post them. I'll update the averages periodically.

Palos, if you want CS mentioned then VOTE for it. smile

BTW, there is a nice write up here on the use of Counter Strike players in a vital role against the Taliban. God speed to you all, noble online avengers...

laugh

I forgot to mention glQuake (Q1 in general actually). I am *pretty* sure I got it to run in Win2K, but it was a while ago and some of my friends had problems getting sound to work in the game. I will have to try it again. But...

Q1 (any variant, I just love this game) 10

I have to go with Palos on this one. When it comes to multiplayer, more people play Counter-Strike than all games mentioned in this thread combined.

Yes, and more people drive Hyundais than all respectable high performance sports cars COMBINED. What's you point? smile How is CS superior? Realism? Right. CS uses a crosshair that magically floats in the sky. You want realism, try Infiltration for UT. Get this: you actually have to use your weapon's sights--no magical floating crosshair. Also, you can't use your weapon when crawling prone: You must stop first. http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Has anyone else even tried Infiltration? It's a sizable download, but it's worth every MB.

I'm probably in the minority of people that don't like CS then. I want to frag around, I fire up UT--which is better than CS or Q3, IMHO. I've been partial to Unreal and UT anyway. UT has awesome multiplayer. I do play a little HL Multi, but that's not nearly as fun as UT. I haven't played Serious Sam Multi, but the single player is a blast to play. I'm sure multi would be toatally nuts. UT has better mods, tho Day of Defeat is very nice HL mod. UT is nice with everything it offers for one person to play.

What an utter abortion of a game.

But..

Before you flame me! I actually used to like this game, but gave up on it because of all the cheaters.

They totally ruined a perfectly good game. Now I only play CS for 2 weeks after a new patch comes out. After that I uninstall it, because the hackers have got a way around the patch to start cheating again.

If you wanna see summat scray, check out a movie thats going round featuring the OGA hack in action.

Pathetic!

Quake III Arena = 10/10 laugh

Half-Life Counter-Strike (and all other mods) = 6/10 - gets extremely boring

Unreal Tournament = 3/10 - too slow

To the guys making CS the patches/improvements you make: are always too little ,too late.

Bob, try http://www.3dspotlight.com/tweaks/ut/

So far here are the Windows 2000 compatible LAN MULTIPLAYER game rankings (on a scale of 1 to 10) as rated by ntcompatible forum members.

averages in []'s

Half-life Mods: 6 [6]

Motocross Madness 2 Trial: 9 [9]

Quake ]I[ Arena: 9/8/10/10 [9.25]

UT Mods/Mutators: 10 [10]

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter 9 [9]

Anyone have any opinions on the above games, Star Wars 1: Racer, X-wing Alliance, or any other games? (rating only in a LAN MULTIPLAYER context PLEASE) Please post them. I'll update the averages periodically.

Counterstrike 10 points!

UT and Q3 are too fast, shooting 10000 rounds/min...little or no team tactic involved. As far as the CS article link someone posted, the 2 individials pictured are not even worthy of a computer-gamer qualificative: they're plain SAD.

For those of you who actually took your time and played all 3 shooters (CS, UT & Q3) for a good amount of time, I have a question: How does it feel when you're the last man standing from the CT team against 3 or 4 enemies, WITHOUT ammo packs or health packs, and knowing that you need only one WIN in order to win the clanwar? (on a CS map :))

Compare that to any situation in Q3 or UT...pathetic....

Quote:
As far as the CS article link someone posted, the 2 individials pictured are not even worthy of a computer-gamer qualificative: they're plain SAD.

What article?

Quote:
How does it feel when you're the last man standing from the CT team against 3 or 4 enemies, WITHOUT ammo packs or health packs, and knowing that you need only one WIN in order to win the clanwar?

Glad I installed that ogahack so I can cheat me way through with my always headshotting amazing Desert Eagle?

pffffffffft

IMHO you can't accurately compare CS to UT unless you factor in a mod like Infiltration. Otherwise it's comparing apples to oranges. Once again: http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

I think infiltration (in many ways) takes the cake over CS, problem is, CS came out first, and no one bothers with what's new sometimes, when there too busy with what's already established.

Here are the updated Windows 2000 compatible LAN MULTIPLAYER game rankings (on a scale of 1 to 10) as rated by ntcompatible forum members.

averages in []'s

Half-life Mods: 6/10 [8]

Motocross Madness 2 Trial: 9 [9]

Quake ]I[ Arena: 9/8/10/10 [9.25]

UT Mods/Mutators: 10 [10]

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter 9 [9]

Anyone have any opinions on the above games, Star Wars 1: Racer, X-wing Alliance, or any other games? (rating only in a LAN MULTIPLAYER context PLEASE) Please post them. I'll update the averages periodically.

Yakkob:

1 - Read the whole post before you ask questions.

2 - Cheaters suck (and swallow, too)...anti-cheat tool(s) are like antiviruses, with new strains coming out, the definition files need to be updated. That would be the most effective way...expect Valve to incorporate some kind of technology in the future.